Community Affairs Committee (CAC)
- Tricia Spayer
- Steve Skojec
- Sudha Kamath
- Provide a principal communications channel between community leaders and the Board of Directors/staff.
- Reach out to communities to help them resolve problems.
- Initiate actions, in collaboration with the STC Board and staff, designed to strengthen STC communities.
- Oversee efforts to orient new leaders; provide guidance materials; capture and sharessons learned; mentor STC Leaders (and future leaders) of SIGs, chapters, Society committees, etc.
- Lead two events at the annual STC Summit:
- Organize Leadership Day
- Participate in the organization of the Communities Reception
The CAC this year is energized around a series of defined initiatives. These initiatives were proposed by the CAC, based on issues brought to our attention by community leaders, and have been approved by the board.
- Communities outreach: support and quickly respond to our communities:
- Professional communities: Improve available leadership resources and services, be proactive in helping communities solve problems before they become crises
- Student communities: Engage students more actively in the Society, increase retention of student members upon graduation, encourage more mentoring activities
- Community leadership:
- Leaders’ Resources
- Leadership Handbook
- Leaders’ Webinar series
- Leadership Day
- CAC Communications: Improve awareness of CAC activities, make availability of resources more widely known.
The CAC has a designated lead for each initiative. Each lead will build a team of volunteers to help achieve the goals of the initiative. If you are interested in participating, please contact the lead concerned.
- Andrea Wenger – Leaders’ Resource Webinar Series Lead
- Cindy Pao - Leaders’ Resource and Handbook Lead
- Bethany Bowles and Dan Voss - Student Outreach Co-Leads
- Viqui Dill - Communications Lead
- Richard Mateosian – Community Funding Resource Lead
- Anna Parker-Richards and Rick Lippincott - Leadership Day Co-Leads
- Ben Woelk - Communities Outreach Lead
- Rhyne Armstrong – Resources Lead
The following individuals are available for mentoring and training communities on specific topics:
- Bob Dianetti – New Member recruiting – (sales coaching mentor)
- Todd DeLuca - Sponsorships
Criteria for Success
- STC Leaders are well-informed, trained, and prepared to lead their communities
- Effective communication channels are used for facilitating two-way communication between BOD and community leaders
- Observable efforts by BOD and other Leaders to communicate and support joint tactical and strategic STC goals
- Development of sustainable trust relationships between BOD and leaders
- Perceivable improvement in communication, trust, and informed decision-making between the BOD, staff, and STC community and committee leaders