Austin Community College
Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000149 EndHTML:0000004349 StartFragment:0000000199 EndFragment:0000004315 StartSelection:0000000199 EndSelection:0000004315
The Certificate and the Associate of Applied Science in the Technical Communications Specialization provide preparation essential for careers in technical communications. Courses include developing print and online materials, online helps, web sites, and graphics; working within the documentation process as writers, editors, reviewers, designers, and coordinators; exploring industry developments involving single sourcing, content management, and document control; using software applications most in demand by employers to develop portfolio-quality documents; and, most importantly, practicing clear succinct direct writing that is carefully adapted to its intended audience.
Courses. The Certificate and the Associate of Applied Science in the Technical Communications Specialization include courses in the following areas. (To see catalog descriptions for courses that are in the major, move your mouse pointer over the course titles.)
- Technical & Business Writing
- Graphics for Business, Government and Technical Information
- Book-Length Documents with Adobe FrameMaker
- Book-Length Documents with MS Word
- XHTML and CSS for Information Specialists
- Indexing and Document Control
- Online Helps and Help-Authoring Tools
- XML and Structured Authoring for Information Specialists
- Documentation Process and Content Management
- Editing Government, Business and Technical Information
- Note: Certificate and degree plans are flexible; courses can be substituted from the other specialization. Contact the department chairperson.
- 11928 Stonehollow