Metropolitan State University of Denver
The world of communication has changed dramatically in the last decade. We have gone from a analog, linear communication model to a nonlinear, digital world. What does that mean to you, today's communicator? It means that you need to be able to identify the problem, design the message and use the appropriate communication medium to communicate with your audience.
Technical Communication and Media Production students apply the underlying theories and principles of the discipline to communicate information to a specific audience using the appropriate communication medium, whether the medium be print, video, audio, multimedia technology, or a combination of other media.
Software and hardware are tools that students use to help audiences assimilate information by effectively designing content and properly communicating information. The department offers four areas of concentration:
The department offers courses using cutting edge technology, including:
- 2D, 3D, and video animation
- audio production for computer game design, interactive media, and video
- corporate cultures
- graphic design and production
- international communication
- interactive media production
- nonlinear video editing
- professional document design
- proposal writing
- software and hardware documentation
- streaming media production
- technical writing and editing
- technology-based training
- usability testing
- video production
- web 2.0, immersive environments and other new media
- writing for interactive media
Welcome to Technical Communication and Media Production. We look forward to seeing you in the department and online.
- PO Box 173362