Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Professional Writing is an interdisciplinary major or double major for students interested in developing their skills in writing, visual communication, and digital media in combination with a strong background in a technical or scientific field of study.
The Professional Writing program offers courses and projects in four areas of concentration:
- Science writing, medical writing, health communication
- Writing in the public interest, writing for nonprofits
- Digital media, visual communication, information design
- Bilingual professional communication, translation
In consultation with a faculty advisor, Professional Writing majors design a plan of study that combines courses in writing, rhetoric, visual design, and digital media with courses in a technical or scientific concentration. Learn more about the distribution requirements of the major.
The culmination of the Professional Writing major is the Major Qualifying Project, a senior project all WPI undergraduates complete in their major field of study. Learn more about the Major Qualifying Project in Professional Writing.
- 100 Institute Road
- President: : Chrysanthe Demetry