Bulletproofing Your Career Online
Ben Woelk and Hannah Morgan
What are the 10 key steps to building and securing your online reputation? A security professional and a career sherpa provide their perspectives on how to create an online presence that enhances and promotes your career safely and effectively. Participants will learn:
- The best way to secure your personal information online and the importance of key words
- Why it is important to stay current on upgrades to software and career trends.
- Why a technical firewall is good but a personal firewall is not
- How establishing trust online can set you apart and protect you
- What information is and is not appropriate to share on social networks
- Why carefully selecting messaging online is not just a matter of safety but also managing your personal reputation.
- The importance of choosing your online friends thoughtfully
- Why Google is one of the best tools for monitoring your online identity.
- The dangers of providing too much personal information online.
- How to think differently about security in the 21st century.