Social Documentation and the Future of Technical Publications
Technical communication may be on the brink of a cultural shift from one-sided, didactic, expert-driven user documentation to utilizing user-generated content, collaborative communication, and the power of communities. Documentation teams can now utilize Web 2.0 approaches to capture user-generated content using user communities, wikis, blogs, forums, and other social media and to capture user information using social platforms APIs.
To execute a successful social documentation strategy, documentation teams need to learn to architect and foster user communities and then to incorporate user-generated content into their workflows.
This webinar will cover:
- Web 2.0 and social documentation
- Crowdsourcing, communities of practice, and writers
- Motivation and contribution rates
- Content manipulation and distribution
- Collecting user information, personalization, and feedback
- Social documentation roadmap and technology selection
- Social documentation group on LinkedIn