Content is King, but adding a measured dose of interactivity to your help will increase readability and usability, as well as make it more compelling. Our speaker, Nicky Bleiel, will demonstrate a number of simple ways to improve your help in a single-sourcing environment. We will:
- Discover the options available for interactivity, including expanding/collapsing text, image maps, glossary popups, Google Maps, and more.
- Learn how to implement these interactive options.
- Discuss how structure contributes to successful interactivity.
We offer you four great reasons to come to this event.
- View the winning entries in our annual competition to get ideas for the technical information we craft every day in our jobs.
- Network with others to discover solutions to challenges and build relationships.
- Listen to our keynote presentation from Nicky Bleiel, an online help expert. This is an abbreviated version of the presentation she will deliver at the STC Summit.
- Enjoy a seated dinner from the Boulevard Woodgrill, a much loved restaurant in Arlington with a convenient party room that will be all ours for the evening.
7:30-8:00 Awards ceremony
Nicky Bleiel has been a technical communicator for 17 years, with extensive experience writing and developing information for software products in the documentation, media, industrial automation, simulation, and pharmaceutical industries. She has presented talks at the STC Summit, WritersUA, tcworld, CIDM, and LavaCon on many topics. She has been published in STC’s Intercom (her new column is called “The Essentials”), Tieline, STC conference proceedings, tcworld magazine, TechCom Manager Newsletter, and the WritersUA and Content Wrangler websites. As the Lead Information Developer for Doc-To-Help at ComponentOne, she focuses on providing information that improves the user experience but is still efficient to produce. Nicky serves on the STC Board as a Director-At-Large and is currently a candidate for Vice President.
Meal options are coming soon.