Who Should Attend: Internal managers, instructional designers, information designers, senior technical communicators, and senior trainers who have responsibility for promoting their department's services within the organization.
Note: Although focused on people working internally, those working externally are likely to find material of interest to them, too.
What You Will Learn:
Main Objective: Develop a plan for effectively marketing the services of an internal training or communication department to internal stakeholders.§ Supporting Objectives: To achieve the main objective, you should be able to:
- Describe the marketing process
- Name the key components that a marketing plan must address
- Clearly position the services you offer
- Identify the collateral needed
- Describe at least 3 low-cost tactics that you can use to market your services
- Identify the resources needed to effectively market services