List job openings at your company.
If you're a Senior Technical Writer interested in an opportunity in San Francisco, CA this may be the role for you. Take a look at the description below and if interested in hearing more, reply with a Word copy of your resume.
Client: The GAP
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6+ Months
- Responsible for planning, organizing, writing and editing operational, maintenance, test procedure manuals, or training materials.
- Researches technical design specifications, interface design, design diagrams or test specifications.
- Acquires and organizes basic source material, including applicable specifications, engineering write-ups, and drawing packages.
- Helps coordinate the layout and design of the material.
- Works with systems analysts and programmers to create and edit application and systems documentation, user manuals, training courses, and procedures.
- Prepares proposals and technical reports and works with project managers.
- Must have expert knowledge of Excel, MS Word and Visio Drawing tool.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required.
- 5-10 years experience required.
Randstad Technologies, formerly Technisource
10901 Gold Center Dr. Ste. 240
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
T: 916 503 3048
F: 954 308 0990
Job Title: Technical Writer
Location: San Francisco CA
Duration: 12 months
**Must attach 2 different writing samples when candidates are submitted.
Candidates will not be passed through unless 2 samples are attached.
You’ll work within the global digital content organization. It’s a truly global team, with colleagues in San Francisco, Denver and Vienna. This position is based in San Francisco.
The content team is critical to delivering the company’s message across all of our digital properties, ensuring that our voice is consistent and on-brand, and contributing to a superior customer experience.
You’ll help create and manage content for the WU online and mobile channels by:
• partnering with business owners, product and user experience teams, project management, and development to turn requirements into clear, helpful, high-quality product content and UI text
• working with brand, legal, privacy and other teams to ensure compliance and get content approvals
• participating in user acceptance testing on all content
• maintaining the content in multiple languages—and sometimes multiple versions to meet different countries’ requirements—using external translation vendors
• fixing content bugs/defects
• collaborating with your team members and colleagues around the world to support the global brand
• possibly helping the marketing team with copy for campaigns and landing pages, as your schedule allows
• Outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills (writing samples will be required)
• 5+ years’ experience writing and managing digital content in a corporate environment for a consumer audience
• Deep understanding of—and passion for—web content best practices and emerging trends
• Broad experience in applying voice & tone guidelines and editorial style, and tailoring content appropriately for various audiences
• Working knowledge of user-centered design processes, information architecture, and web design best practices
• Experience with enterprise content management systems
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
• Excellent personal interaction and negotiation skills; ability to work with people at all organizational levels and from diverse cultures and backgrounds
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to prioritize workload, and to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines
• Perseverance and persistence in dealing with challenges, and the ability to find creative, innovative solutions
• Confidence to present and stand up for your work and ideas—along with the ability to take and use constructive feedback
• Grace under pressure
STRONGLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience creating content that will be translated/localized
• Experience working in a global company
• Copywriting/marketing writing experience
• Proficiency/fluency in another language(s)
• Experience living/working in other countries or cultures
Iconsoft Consulting Group, Inc
1810 Englishtown Road
Old Bridge, NJ – 08857
Phone: 732 456 6439
Fax: 732 875 0703
Position Title: LOCALIZATION PROGRAM MANAGER
EFI is searching for a localization program manager to deliver high quality product localizations. The ideal candidate will work closely with engineers, production specialists and vendors on the localization of our software and content. We are looking for a highly motivated, technically savvy individual with an interest in defining and implementing new localization processes while maintaining high volume throughput. This is an opportunity to work with a small team and have a direct impact. This is a contract position with a potential to convert to permanent.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Manage Documentation localization process:
• Work with documentation content and production managers to anticipate localization
• Coordinate with managers and vendors to create, revise, and communicate L10N
• Hand off files for translation and deliver completed content
• Manage and track budget
• Manage Software localization process:
• Manage and process requests for SW string translation
• Maintain and improve upon internal tools and processes
• Solid experience as a localization project manager
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Passion for and willingness to improve existing processes and tools
• Ability to interact with many different teams and individuals, including engineering managers, QA leads, translators, and documentation managers
• Attention to detail and a proven ability to independently juggle multiple priorities at one time
• Ability to manage aggressive delivery schedules
• Possessing a combination of technical, organizational, and communication skills
• Experience managing localization vendors, including managing schedules and budgets
• Experience scheduling localization projects and defining resource requirements
• Experience analyzing, monitoring, and addressing localization bugs
• Fluency in non-English language
• Experience with OS X, Microsoft Windows
• Experience localizing software on OS X and/or Microsoft Windows
• Experience with authoring / publishing tools. FrameMaker, Acrobat, Adobe Creative Suite, XML
SEO, and Web analytics
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years related experience
Contact: Sheila McGinn at Sheila.McGinn@efi.com
Position Title: QA / CONTENT TOOLS SPECIALIST
Seeking an entry-level documentation tools specialist. You will work closely with writers, editors, and publishing specialists on content QA and tools enhancements. We are looking for a highly motivated, technically savvy individual with an interest in the technical side of user assistance. This is an opportunity to work with a small team and have a direct impact. We are in the early stages of executing on a new user assistance strategy, including restructuring of content, and implementing a content management system and Web content strategy.
Responsibilities: Oversee the production, QA, and localization of user documentation and online help. Implement and test new tools and workflows to support the transition to a new authoring and publishing system.
• Production skills. (Documentation / Web production)
• Strong project management skills
• Good communication skills
• Focus on quality and details
• Ability to learn new technologies and tools quickly
• Ability to collaborate with editors, writers, and program managers.
• Experience with authoring / publishing tools. FrameMaker, Acrobat, Adobe Creative Suite, XML authoring tools
About the Candidate: Recent grad or enrolled in a bachelor's degree program in English, Communications, or Computer Science.
Hours: Approximately 20+ hours a week ideally spread out over three or four days. The position is on-site at EFI offices in Foster City.
Contact: Keith Yarwood at Keith.Yarwood@efi.com
- The main purpose of this position is to revise the written content of Utility Operating Procedures and SOP’s to be used by engineering and maintenance associates. This is a full-time temporary contract (9 months), with possibility for extension.
- Create new or revise existing content for SOPs and engineering work instructions with a high degree of quality in accordance with cGMP requirements and corporate guidelines
- Work collaboratively with project team members including Engineering, Maintenance, Vendors and other subject-matter experts to solidify content.
- Participate in project team meetings.
- Other related duties that may be called upon
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in a Quality Control environment; knowledge of GMP and/or ISO standards.
- Experience in biotech and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment an asset.
- Minimum two (2) to five (5) years related experience in technical writing.
- Detail oriented with the ability to learn new concepts and apply them quickly.
- Good command of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of editing, proofreading, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Skilled at organizing information into a clear, concise written form.
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Bachelor Degree in Science preferred.
Material and Contract Services (MACS)
Direct: (925) 460-0397 | Toll Free: (866)772-9250x1004 | Fax: 925 227-1669
email@example.com | http://www.macservices.us
5820 Stoneridge Mall Road, Suite 217, Pleasanton, CA 94588
Convio, which creates cloud software for non-profit organizations such as Susan G. Komen for the Cure and Livestrong, is looking to fill a junior technical writer position.
We are looking for a junior technical writer with 1-3 years of experience. The job posting on our site says that we are looking for someone for the Austin office, but, due to a recent organizational change, the position could also be filled in our Emeryville office. Our company, Convio, was just acquired by Blackbaud and, as of today, we have a new tech pubs manager. He doesn’t care where the writer is geographically located, as long as we get a good candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email your resume to Britt Murray (contact info below) and also apply on the web site (link below), so Britt can make sure your application gets routed directly to the tech pubs manager.
Job Posting: http://www.convio.com/convio/careers/
Responsible for the creation and maintenance of IT documents. Responsible for overall strategy for IT document management. Translates technical information into clear, concise documents appropriate for IT associates. As member of project teams, collaborates on project deliverables (e.g., business requirements, functional designs, user training materials, etc.). Coordinates IT communication to corporate audience through intranet and other vehicles.
Develops and/or edits system user, maintenance and operational documentation.
Interviews subject matter experts and technical staff to collect information, prepare written text, and coordinate layout and material organization.
Creates standard templates for documentation deliverables.
Guides other IT staff on requirements and techniques for documenting project deliverables and ongoing procedures documentation.
Reviews, critiques, and edits documentation.
Conducts and/or participates in the analysis of business processes and functional requirements and in the preparation of appropriate documentation.
Creates workflow, process diagrams
Analyzes and documents IT procedures. Recommends ways to improve processes.
Creates tools to improve the quality of processes and communication within IT.
Designs central documentation library. Ensures documentation meets audit requirements.
Facilitates access to outside information sources for IT associates, such as Gartner research and consultation.
Coordinates and/or delivers presentations, demonstrations and training for application users and IT staff.
Assists with the design and implementation of training programs for clients of new and enhanced applications.
Assists in planning, developing and executing test plans.
Acts as a resource in understanding how systems carry out business functions.
Stays current on document management trends and technologies. Submits proposals for usage at Williams-Sonoma when appropriate.
Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in relevant field
5-7 years of relevant work experience
Reliable business knowledge, preferably in the retail industry
Advanced interpersonal, business communication, and writing skills
Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Word. Experience with Visio, HTML editors, MS Project, and modeling tools desirable
Very familiar with concepts and vocabulary in the IT industry
Knowledgeable on software development life cycle and supporting documentation deliverables and techniques
Excellent organizational skills.
Able to coordinate documentation and process analysis efforts involving many people
Prefer experience with intranet publishing of documentation and content management
Senior Recruiter l Talent Acquisition
(415) 402-5779 - direct
(415) 445-9048 - fax
Come build a home with us http://www.williams-sonomainc.com/careers/
We are looking for a professional who can help us re-format some of our Word documents into new templates. We don't have many of these documents but find that we are spending too much of our time on this and know that a professional can do it more quickly.
Roaring Pajamas, Inc.
751 Laurel Street, No. 120
San Carlos CA 94070
Growing International Manufacturing Company. Founded in 1969 by a group of scientists and engineers to design and manufacture high technology products for the motion picture, computer, and health care industries.
JOB SUMMARY: Develop and manage a team responsible for creating and maintaining corporate image and brand identity consistent with the company’s strategic goals across all communications platforms globally, including: technical publications, training guides, internal documents, customer support resources, and all marketing materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Develop a strong command of the COMPANY’S product line and customer requirements across multiple industries.
Work with senior management to develop a plan to ensure a strong corporate image and branding consistency throughout the company.
Develop a team that can produce the technical and business collateral necessary to meet Company’s communications needs worldwide.
Utilize analytics to develop effective benefit statements, case studies, and applications guides for the product line across multiple industries and communications platforms, including all social media platforms.
Develop and provide training for employees, especially in the sales organization, to understand and deploy those benefits statements.
Supervises up to three additional employees.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS include the following:
Exceptional business writing and communications skills
Strong technical communications experience
Comfort in engineering and science-focused environments
Knowledge of graphic design tools, software, and best practices
Strong international experience and proficiency in other languages and cultures
Strong interpersonal communications skills and demonstrated success in a team environment
Demonstrated ability to develop and manage functional teams (internally and with outside agency partners)
Proven ability to concurrently direct multiple, unrelated projects
Exceptional attention to editorial and visual design detail
Salary ($90’s + DOE) to include a relocation package.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in communications or related field
7-10 years of communications experience in manufacturing or technical product field
Strong international business and research experience