Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Service Committee
- Deanne Levander
- Alisa Bonsignore
- Liz Pohland
- The Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Service recognizes meritorious service to the Society for Technical Communication by an individual who has demonstrated significant and sustained acts of volunteer service with enduring benefits to the Society and the profession of technical communication. This award encompasses a lifetime of service to the Society that spans multiple accomplishments, levels, and long-lasting impacts.
Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Service
Nominations are now being accepted for STC’s newly established Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Service, which recognizes meritorious service to the Society for Technical Communication. This award encompasses a lifetime of service to the Society that spans multiple accomplishments, levels, and long-lasting impacts. This award is based primarily on service to the Society, through significant and sustained acts and initiatives, which support the growth of technical communication with long-lasting benefits to both the Society and the profession.
Nominees for the award must have at least 15 years of membership (and be current members) of the Society. They should have contributed significantly to the Society over the lifetime of their membership in each of the following areas:
- Leadership. Served in multiple senior leadership roles at different Society levels (chapter, SIG, committee, Board), and/or created, developed, or implemented a significant sustained program or initiative for the Society.
- Education. Given multiple webinars, short courses, conference presentations that help the education and development of Society members.
- Mentorship. Participated in significant mentorship or volunteer activities, which benefit new professionals and/or students.
- Publications. Written and published articles on technical communication topics in a range of STC publications, which benefits other technical communicators.
Individuals can self-nominate or be nominated by a current STC member in good standing. Current members of the committee may not nominate individuals. Nomination packets should include: (1) a cover letter from the nominator; (2) a full curriculum vitae/resume for the nominee; (3) and two signed letters of recommendation. Past nominations will be carried over and considered for two additional years and can be modified during this period if revisions are submitted by the deadline.
Nomination packets may also include the following supplemental materials: testimonials: any e-mail, letter, or other written evidence of the impact of the applicant’s service work to the Society. For example, the applicant may submit copies of letters of appreciation or thanks or copies of citations; or descriptive documents, such as sample charter, business plan, proposals, or executive summaries of programs or initiatives created, developed, or managed.
Nominations should be submitted as a single PDF file via email to email@example.com and must be received by 11 March 2022.
STC members are eligible regardless of other STC honors or awards received. Current members of the STC Board of Directors and the review committee are not eligible to be nominated for this award. The award will be typically given once per year to a single individual and an individual can only receive this award once. Past nominations will be carried over to the next year for consideration and can be modified during this period, if received before the appropriate deadline.
The award will be presented at the Honors Reception at the STC Summit each year.