- Todd Deluca
- The Scholarship Committee recommends to the Board policies and procedures for awarding Society-level scholarships and grants, provides oversight and recommendations for geographic community scholarships and grants, reviews applications for scholarships and grants, and recommends recipients to the Board.
- Recommend STC policies and procedures for awarding scholarships, as an organization and as constituent chapters.
- Promulgate policies and procedures for Society-level scholarships and grants.
- Promulgate effective scholarship and grant practices for geographic communities.
- Recommend new scholarships or consolidated society-level scholarships to the Board, as appropriate.
- Review scholarship and grant applications and recommend recipients for Society-level scholarships and grants to the Board.
- In the event that a geographic community does not have a qualified applicant pool for a grant or scholarship that the geographic community is offering, at the request of the geographic community the committee will assist in publicizing the scholarship or grant and evaluating qualified applicants.
- Maintain a list of active STC scholarship and grants, develop promotional content, and work with the STC Communications Director to promote the scholarship and grant opportunities.
- Establish Society-level scholarships and grants.
- Promote services offered by the scholarship committee
- Disseminate effective scholarship and grant practices for geographic communities.
- Create and disseminate policies and procedures for Society-level scholarships and grants.
- Jackie Damrau
- Timothy Esposito
- Ben Lauren
- Karen Levine
- Sylvia Miller
- Eva Miranda
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS
- Timely report to the board of directors following the external audit.
Chair: Lisa Mileusnich
CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS
|Scholarship Name||Chapter||Description||Undergrad/ Grad||For More Information|
|Blakely Award||East Tennessee||Up to 12 awards granted to students who 1. Demonstrate interest in technical communication or science writing
2. Are enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning in East Tennessee
|Dr. Kenneth M. Gordon Scholarship||Jointly sponsored by STC chapters of northern California||Students enrolled in technical communication programs at accredited colleges or universities in Northern California.||Not specified||http://www.stc-touchstone.org/GordonSchol.html|
|San Francisco State University Scholarship||San Francisco Chapter||Student at San Francisco State University enrolled in Technical and Professional Writing Program||Not specified||https://english.sfsu.edu/tpw-scholarships|
|STC Chicago Chapter Scholarship||Chicago||Current students pursuing technical communication-related degrees or certificates in the United States||Both||http://www.stc-chicago.com/resources/student-scholarships/
|Ernie Mazzatenta Scholarship||Carolina||Clemson University student pursuing a degree or concentration in some aspect of technical communication||Both||http://www.stc-carolina.org/tiki-index.php?page=Clemson+Scholarship
|STC-PMC Scholarship||Philadelphia Metro Chapter||Attending a college full-time in greater Philadelphia area||Both||http://www.stcpmc.org/education/scholarship/|
|Orange County STC||Orange Country||TBD|
|Melissa Pellegrin Memorial Scholarship||Orlando-Central Florida||University of Central Florida Student||Both||http://www.stc-orlando.org/education/college/melissa.htm
|Souther and White Scholarship||Puget Sound||Puget Sound area colleges and universities||Both||http://www.stc-psc.org/scholarship/|
|Heritage Award||Rochester||Rochester-area colleges Syracuse to Buffalo)||Both||http://stc-rochester.org/heritage-award-in-honor-of-edline-chun/|
|Charles F. Brooks Award in Technical Writing||Orlando Central Florida||Full-time students in the Professional Writing, Rhetoric, and Technology major/minor at the University of South Florida||Undergrad||For more information: http://english.usf.edu/about/awards/#tech|
STUDENT MEMBERSHIP SPONSORSHIPS
|Chapter||Description||For More Information|
|Canada West Coast||Full sponsorship of 20 student memberships||http://stcwestcoast.ca/chapter/stc-canada-west-coast-chapter-offers-full-sponsorship-of-20-student-memberships|
|Northeast Ohio||50% of student membership||http://neostc.org/cmswp/join-the-stc/student-membership-funding/|
|Philadelphia Metro||Multiple student memberships||http://www.stcpmc.org/education/scholarship/|
|Rochester||50% of student membership for mentoring program participants||http://stc-rochester.org/explore-the-exciting-field-of-technical-communication/|