User Research: The Fundamentals
Mondays, 12 September to 14 October2022
Registration closes on 6 September 2022
THIS IS AN ASYNCHRONOUS COURSE. The recording for each week's session will be opened on Monday morning. Students may view the recording at a time convenient for them. Homework assignments will be due on the day and time specified by the instructor. There will be an additonal live session for students to ask the instructor questions in real time. This is not a self-paced course. Course work must be completed within the time limit of the course.
This introductory course is designed for new practitioners who wish to get a leg up in user experience research. The methods covered in this course will prepare them to plan and manage UX projects at any scale. Participants will practice these methods using research scenarios of their own choosing.
- Get acquainted with industry standard approaches and methods for user research.
- Select and perform suitable user research methods effectively.
- Analyze user research data appropriately.
- Practitioners looking to learn the practical skills for collecting user insights, needs, and goals.
- Practitioners looking to learn tools for in-person and remote UX research.
Week 1: Types of UX research methodology
Week 2: Ethnographic field studies and contextual inquiry
Week 3: User interviews and focus groups
Week 4: Surveys and customer feedback
Week 5: Usability testing