November 12, 2015 - 2:00 PM
November 12, 2015 - 3:00 PM
For years, FrameMaker has been a “real,” pure-XML editor. Some people are confused about this because FrameMaker can also work in unstructured mode. Discover how recent enhancements in Adobe’s latest release, FrameMaker 2015, have radically improved your DITA or XML authoring experience.
Many of us are SMEs or “occasional contributors” who don’t need to author in XML full-time. FrameMaker has an ideal solution with a second, dedicated product, FrameMaker XML Author 2015. The big news is that both renditions of FrameMaker have a completely new “easy author” mode for XML editing with no tags nor codes.
In this session you will learn:
- Discover enhanced intelligence in QET (Quick Element Toolbar), which will only allow you to insert elements, e.g. <Section>, at the appropriate location
- How to optionally change the display of “author mode” to present a “fill-in-the-blank” approach to create common DITA constructs
- Keen improvements to the “Structure View” to help you swiftly locate your current element
- Accelerated authoring through improved drag n’ drop in Structure View
- New compatibility with DITA 1.3
- Out-of-box publishing capabilities via DITA OT (DITA Open Toolkit)
- Simple ways to customize and simplify workspaces for novice or temporary staff