October 27, 2015 - 2:00 PM
October 27, 2015 - 3:00 PM
Address9401 Lee Highway, Suite 300, Fairfax, VA 22031 View map
FrameMaker has evolved over the years in the strangest of ways: as the product has become more feature-rich, it has simultaneously become easier to use. This session will focus on recent enhancements, but will also cover how long-standing features (like Conditional Text Control and HTML5 responsive output) have been improved.
We are all under pressure to produce more content with higher quality and user engagement in shorter spans of time. The latest release of FrameMaker has been fine-tooled to accomplish this and open up your schedule to focus on more than just endless edits and format touchups. Although FrameMaker is a highly potent “pure” XML editor, in this session we will focus on “Regular” FrameMaker used in a traditional authoring workflow.
In this session you will learn:
- Use vastly improved “custom mapping” to import Word docs and achieve 98% of the formatting you wish automatically
- How to swiftly author multiple content versions in one set of source files and do one-touch publishing to HTML5 responsive with “user choice” filters to customize what is displayed
- Discover how workspace pods can automate tasks for you like “invisible servants” responding to your every wish. (Yes, really)
- New capabilities to publish in Right-to-Left languages like Arabic and Farsi
- Swiftly insert “in-document” mini-TOCs
- How to use new table enhancements, including speedier navigation