April 11, 2018 - 2:00 PM
April 11, 2018 - 3:00 PM
Nine Writers, Nine Agile Teams, One Voice
This session will highlight the specialized workflows and departmental procedures that cPanel uses to overcome the inevitable conflicts when nine writers from nine different teams work on the same set of documents.
- Agile teams alone can cause headaches, even when each team is working on a separate project. We'll talk about how to use a writer-as-developer mindset to instantly transform how your company—and you—think about documentation's role in the release cycle. This mindset is vital to integrating with development teams (and convincing them we should be there).
- When updating a vast documentation set of thousands of documents, scoping updates for iterative projects is vital. We'll talk about how cPanel's writers use a set workflow to determine update needs in advance and convey those needs to developers and stakeholders.
- cPanel, Inc. doesn't employ a full-time editor, but we maintain a very specific style guide and use a peer-review process to ensure quality. We'll talk about the life cycle of new documentation and the processes we use at each step. We'll also cover implementing a peer review process, how to keep sensitive reviews friendly, and how we use the peer review process to “grow” better writers.
- cPanel's writers update documentation for new development and respond to requests for maintenance, corrections, and improvements. We'll talk about how the maintenance and improvement workflow differs from new documentation and how we work with our Support department to fulfill their needs.
- Finding a content management system with the right support for a large team of writers can be difficult. We'll talk about how cPanel uses a unique Confluence setup and publishing procedures to manage traffic jams.
Frequently Asked Questions
When do education events take place?
Webinars are held every Wednesday afternoon from 2-3 PM EDT/EST (GMT-4/5).
A majority of online courses are held Tuesdays-Thursdays between 10:00 AM-1:00 PM EDT/EST (GMT-4/5), as to not conflict with webinar times.
When will I receive the GoTo Webinar instructions for an event?
Registered attendees will receive the GoTo Webinar instructions three (3) hours before the webinar begins, approximately at 11:00 AM EDT/EST.
Registered attendees will receive the GoTo Webinar instructions one (1) day before the online course begins.
To participate in a webinar and an online course, you must be able to access GoTo Webinar, STC's online meeting space. GoTo Webinar is a standard web seminar tool (no separate download required) and all you need is a reliable Internet connection and phone line, or a computer with VoIP capabilities.
I registered for an online course, what are my next steps?
Once you register for an online course, you will receive a confirmation receipt that day. A majority of our online courses uses Moodle, STC's course management site, which attendees will receive the login instructions two (2) days before the course begins.
If you cannot access Adobe Connect and/or Moodle (as needed), then you will not be able to successfully complete an online course.
I registered for a webinar, but will be unable to attend. Will a recording be available?
If a registered attendee is unable to attend a webinar that day, they will receive an email with a link to the recording, and an evaluation link along with the PDF of the presentation.
I registered for a webinar and/or an online course, but cannot attend at that time. Will I receive a refund?
If a registered attendee is unable to attend a webinar and/or an online course, the cost is transferable to a future event, but is not refundable. Online registration closes one-two business days before the education event begins.
I want to take a specific course that isn't listed online. Will it be offered in the future?
STC rotates its courses every year as we try to offer the most popular ones within the first half of the year. Online courses are subject to change or are offered more than once per quarter. If a course is not listed, STC will offer it again in the following year.
Have an Education Question? Contact Us!