October 21, 2014 - 2:00 PM
Address9401 Lee Highway, Suite 300, Fairfax, VA 22030 View map
This session will cover tips for:
- Creating useful illustrations: how to emphasize areas of interest and unclutter the illustration.
- How to NOT scream “amateur.” Learn how professional illustrations and documents stand out from amateur ones.
- Following ISO standards for icons’ colors and sizes. See resources for finding proper colors and symbols to use for warnings and other icons.
- Drawing usable illustrations from scratch. This is not a drawing or software class. However, we will provide ideas for creating usable illustrations (example, for an abstract concept).
- Enhancing imported illustrations and photos: how to make the best use of what you have available.
- Enhancing screen shots: how to focus on areas of interest without overwhelming the reader.