September 18, 2014 - 2:00 PM
Address9401 Lee Highway, Suite 300, Fairfax, VA 22031 View map
Attendees will gain practical tools for managing a consulting business whether you are a sole proprietor or have employees/subcontractors. You will learn what is absolutely essential in running a small business or independent consultancy and what is not required. Learn ways to manage a business when thriving as well as when times are lean and how to maintain success over the long term. This includes:
- Assessing projects, bidding appropriately, managing expenses and bringing projects to a successful close.
- Providing prospective clients with what they need to award you with an engagement over other competitors.
- Developing prototypes, project plans and proposals.
- Tracking projects, expenses, income and project scope.
- Dealing with overruns and staying on budget and making money with every contract.
- Dealing with partners and subcontractors and making sure that these relationships work for you.
- Managing and building long term relationships with clients so that every engagement turns into a potential income stream.