Below are some of the talking points you can bring up with friends, colleagues, and coworkers when inviting them to join STC.
- STC connects you to like-minded professionals on a global and local level.
- STC is the #1 organization that brings all parties involved in the technical communication profession together.
- Your fellow technical communicators can help with solutions to challenges that you experience in your work.
- Access to the 2016-2017 STC Salary Database.
- View job listings at the STC Job Bank! Post your resume online and specify if you are a CPTC professional, plus, take advantage of career resources to assist you with your job search.
- STC provides educational opportunities such as live and asynchronous webinars, recorded webinars, and online courses to help expand your professional skills.
- STC’s annual conference, the Technical Communication Summit Conference & Expo, is the world’s largest gathering of technical communicators. It offers a impressive amount of practical and instructive information, as well as new resources relevant to every aspect of the field.
STC gives members preferred pricing on:
- Annual Summit
- Live Webinars
- Recorded Webinars
- Online Courses
- Free Education OnDemand
- ePublications to:
STC also has more than 40 chapters and 11 SIGs that offer networking opportunities both face-to-face with STC members in your geographic community, and virtually with members in your areas of professional interest. At only $10 per Special Interest Group, SIG members share common expertise, interests, and lessons learned. The interest groups are based on work functions or industry focus. Connect with other technical communicators by joining a local chapter and for only $25, enjoy the benefits of local education and networking with a diverse focus. Many chapters hold regularly scheduled meetings, sponsor local competitions, host a website, and publish a newsletter.