Technology & Development TrackBy Marta Rauch (@martarauch) Here is your guide to a few of the exciting technology and development topics at STC’s Summit- including the Internet of Things, API documentation, video strategies, content for mobile devices and augmented reality, analytics for big data, tools like Jekyll and GitHub, and code samples for Java, PHP, Python, and Ruby. And it’s not just about tech. Take advantage of sessions on leadership, design, strategy, and trends as well as receptions, speed networking, a tech comm throwdown, and expos. Afterwards, check out the local attractions – enjoy a baseball game with the Los Angeles Angels and visit Disneyland with a discount exclusively for Summit attendees. There are too many sessions to mention in one article, so be sure to check the schedule, and then head on over to register. To wet your whistle, here’s a quick sampling of Technology & Development track sessions:
- Start your Summit experience with workshops from experts, including Tom Johnson on API docs, Phylise Banner on visualizing information, Neil Perlin on creating apps without coding, and Joe Welinske on mobile user assistance.
- Gain insight on the Internet of Things with the opening keynote by renowned researcher and speaker David Rose of MIT Media Lab and author of Enchanted Objects: Design, Human Desire, and the Internet of Things.
- Learn from top-rated speakers like Gavin Austin of Salesforce, who shares strategies for interactive content, and Nicky Bleiel, who provides tips for collaborating in GitHub. Don’t miss the chance to have Tom Johnson teach you how to write docs like a hacker with Jeckyll.
- Ramp up on APIs by learning from Ed Marshall how to generate API docs from source code. Find out from Nabayan Roy of Autodesk how to provide an excellent API developer user experience. Join me to hear about REST API doc best practices.
- Improve your video strategy with 44 valuable tips from Camtasia expert Matt Smith, and learn voiceover strategies from Bryna Gleich. Gain strategies for developing agile cloud content in a DevOps team from IBM’s Vanessa Wilburn, and pick up ideas for Web development from Roger Renteria. Benefit from Liz Fraley’s experience to choose the right tool. And don’t miss Pavi Sandhu on how to create addictive, engaging, and user-centered content.
- Take a deep dive into tools with training on Markdown from expert instructor Dave Gash, and on RegEx from UX content writer Eric Cressy of Symantec. Learn about tools and methods for analyzing big data with Aimee Roundtree. And catch Sarah Kinry for tricks on reading code in popular languages like Java, C, C#, PHP, Python, Ruby, and Perl.