It’s time to prepare your entries for the 2016-2017 STC competitions. To qualify for the International Summit Awards, you first submit your entry to the local competitions, and win an Excellence or Distinguished award. Distinguished local entries are automatically sent on to the ISA. Excellence awards may be submitted at the local competition manager’s discretion.
What do you need to do?
- Determine the category of your entry: Information, Instructional, Promotional, or User Support
- Become familiar with competition requirements.
- By October 28, 2016, submit your entry to one of the chapters that is hosting competitions:
- New York-Philadelphia-Atlanta-Rochester
- Washington DC-Baltimore
- West Michigan Shores
- Touchstone (Multiple California chapters) Note: the entry deadline for the Touchstone chapter is October 8, 2016.
You do not need to be a member of STC to submit entries.
The entry fees for the local competitions are:
- Participating Chapter members: $100
- Other STC members: $125
- Non-Members: $175
- Students: $50
- For personal accomplishment: Winning in the competitions looks good on your résumé, gives you impartial feedback on your writing, and helps you grow professionally.
- For marketing your products: A winning entry shows customers that you deliver award-winning documentation. STC provides winners with banner logos to include in your documentation.
- For learning: Use judges’ comments to gain new ideas and improve the quality of your documentation.
Volunteer to Judge
The local competitions are currently recruiting judges. Please go to the local competition sites to apply.
We are also looking for experienced judges for the ISA portion of the competition.
Judges do not have to be STC members. However, judges must meet certain qualifications. Applications to judge must be submitted by December 31, 2016.
For detailed information about submitting entries, judging requirements, and other competition resources, go to the STC ISA site: International Summit Awards.