In keeping with our commitment to providing the best resources to our members, we are excited to announce the launch of our new and expanded online employment resource: STC’s Career Center. This upgraded service includes features that make it that much easier to facilitate connections between technical communication professionals and employers. We are asking job seekers and employers to start populating STC’s new Career Center with résumés and job postings. Here are just a few of the enhancements we are rolling out to serve you better in the coming weeks.
- Post a job and save today – Use promo code STCJOBS and save 10% on your first job posting!
- Unmatched exposure for job listings – STC represents the largest audience of qualified technical communication professionals.
- Easy online job management – You can enter job descriptions, check the status of postings, renew or discontinue postings, and even make payments online.
- Résumé searching access – With a paid job listing, you can search the résumé database and use an automatic notification system to receive email notifications when new resumes match your criteria.
- Company awareness – Along with each job posting, you can include information about your company and a link to your website.
For Job Seekers:
- Professional Profile – Create a user-friendly professional presentation of your qualifications with information pre-populated from your résumé.
- Job Agents – Let the system find new jobs for you! Establish your search parameters and be notified automatically whenever a matching job is posted.
- Searchable Portfolio – Increase your exposure to employers by uploading up to five career-related documents such as work samples, certification letters, etc.
- Job Application Preview – Before submitting an application, preview it as an employer will see it.
- Google Maps – Assess a potential commute right from the job detail screen. Our Google Maps feature will display a map with the distance between your home and the employer.
- Certification – Stand out in the crowd! Highlight yourself and your résumé as a STC CPTC professional.