The Instructional Design & Learning (IDL) special interest group of the Society for Technical Communication (STC) invites graduate- and undergraduate-level students to become published before graduating. Here are the basics of the program:
- Undergraduate- or graduate-level students submit an original article to us about some aspect of instructional design. If we choose to publish it in our newsletter, IDeaL: Design for Learning, the student receives a complimentary STC student membership, which includes a membership in the IDL Special Interest Group (SIG).
- With the student’s permission, once we publish their article we will submit it to STC’s Technical Communication Body of Knowledge (TCBOK). If the editors decide to include the student’s article in the TCBOK, he or she earns an additional year’s STC/IDL membership (or an equivalent award if they no longer qualify for student membership because they’ve graduated).
- Once published, students can link to their article from their résumé and possibly on their LinkedIn profile page—ideally gaining an edge in becoming employed after graduation.
Go to http://www.stcidlsig.org/students/youcanbepublished/ to get the entry packet for submitting an article. Kindly do the following to inform others of this offer:
- Share this information with your friends and acquaintances who are students or who work closely with college students.
- Stress the deadline of 31 December, 2016.
We look forward to helping students take advantage of this win-win opportunity to be published before graduating!
Student Outreach Committee Chair
IDL SIG of STC