Love STC and the Summit? Want to make the conference even better? STC is soliciting proposals for the volunteer role of Conference Chair, leading the Conference Committee for the 2019 STC Summit, 5-8 May 2019 in Denver, CO. The duties of the Conference Chair role are as follows:
• Recruits all members of the Conference Committee.
• Sends the names of the Program Manager(s) and Track Managers to the STC President for approval.
• Selects a conference theme and conference tracks.
• Authors a Call for Proposals and works with the office to publish the CFP on summit.STC.org (by August 2018).
• Coordinates the education program planning process between the committeemembers and the STC office staff.
• Contributes to keynote selection, working with staff to identify appropriate speaker topics and candidates within budget.
• Identifies potential invited speakers and special sessions.
• Identifies potential workshops and pre-conference certificate sessions.
• Attends the Summit and assists staff with education management onsite.
Proposals including the following information should be sent to Liz Pohland, STC CEO (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Jane Wilson, STC President (email@example.com), by Wednesday, 20 June, 2018.
• A brief description of your vision for the educational component of the Summit, including high level ideas for education tracks, special sessions, or workshops. From your experiences attending the Summit, are there educational areas you feel need more (or less) focus? What would you want to accomplish if you were selected as Summit Conference Chair?
• A CV and a list of your previous experience working on the Summit, and/or other educational events/conference(s).
Following discussion and consideration with the STC Board of Directors, the announcement of the Conference Chair will be made in early July 2018.
The Conference Chair may be compensated by registration, hotel accommodations, and/or a travel stipend, but this compensation may not cover all expenses of attendance.