The Instructional Design & Learning Special Interest Group (IDL SIG) is holding its annual Student Outreach Article Competition. The SIG invites undergraduate and graduate-level students to submit an article related to instructional design for publication in IDeaL: Design for Learning, the SIG’s quarterly newsletter. The winning entry, in addition to being published in IDeaL, will also receive a complementary one-year STC student membership, including membership in the IDL SIG. Still not convinced? Submitted articles (with permission) will be submitted to the Technical Communication Body of Knowledge (TCBOK); if accepted, you can earn an additional one-year STC and IDL SIG membership!
From the SIG, here’s the submission process:
How to enter the Student Outreach Article Competition
- Go to http://www.stcidlsig.org/students/youcanbepublished/ and download the complete Entry Packet.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions for additional information. If you still have questions, email us at StudentOutreach@stcidlsig.org.
- Read the Contributor Guidelines and select a topic from our list of suggested instructional design topics. Note that if you choose a topic not on our list, you need to request our pre-approval by email.
- Write the article without exceeding two single-spaced pages or 1,000 words.
- Use the Final Checklist to ensure your article adheres to all guidelines.
- Download and complete the Submission Form.
- Send your article, the Submission Form, and any graphics to StudentOutreach@stcidlsig.org.