The Society for Technical Communication is pleased to open nominations for the 2023 Ken Rainey Award for Excellence in Research. Learn more about the award and see past winners: https://www.stc.org/honors-awards-and-recognition/ken-rainey-award/Due date for recommendations: 28 November 2022
Criteria for Nominations
The researcher must have accomplished the following:
- Identified one or more problems of clear and compelling relevance to practitioners and/or academics.
- Developed a quality research design, including an appropriate match between methods and the focus and purpose of the inquiry.
- Relied upon sound methods for data collection and data analysis.
- Applied appropriate measures to ensure ethical protection of study participants.
- Reported results in ways that have influenced or have promise to influence, theory, or teaching in the field.
- Demonstrated positive impact on the field.
Eligibility and Nomination Guidelines
- Nominees must be current members of the Society for Technical
- Communication and need to have been STC members for at least twelve months prior to the nomination.
- Nominations can be made by anyone in the field, no matter if they are an STC member. Self-nominations are allowed and encouraged.
Nominees may fit one or both of these categories:
- An STC member who has conducted a lifetime of quality research that has made significant contributions to the field of technical communication,
- An STC member who has made a significant contribution to the field of technical communication due to a high-quality, single empirical study or a high-quality set of related empirical studies.
Nomination Procedures and Deadlines
To nominate someone (or yourself), simply send the full name, email address, and phone number of the nominee to the 2023 Rainey Award Committee chair, Sara Doan (email@example.com) by 28 November 2022. After the committee chair and STC staff determine that a nominee is eligible, the nominee must prepare a nomination packet, which will be due 9 January 2023.