The STC CAA award winning communities will be officially honored at the 2023 STC Technical Communication Summit & Expo Honors Event & Lunch on Tuesday, 16 May 2023, in Atlanta, GA.
Communities are recognized for their contributions to the Society’s goal of providing high-quality programming, resources, and networking opportunities for technical communicators all over the world. The Community Achievement Award recognizes a SIG, professional or student chapter's outstanding accomplishments in achieving the Society's goals through a wide range of programs and activities.
Congratulations to our CAA winning communities:
Platinum Community Award
- Carolina Chapter Citation: For promoting the technical communication profession through a robust mentoring program.
- Chicago Chapter Citation: For consistently promoting STC and the technical communication profession through growth opportunities for students, members, and volunteers.
- IDL SIG Citation: For consistently developing the IDL SIG to serve both your community’s members and the Society, and for providing a variety of virtual sessions to share ideas and knowledge.
- Michigan Great Lakes Chapter Citation: For providing your members rich opportunities to shape technical communication, both within and beyond Michigan Great Lakes Chapter.
- North Texas Lone Star Chapter Citation: For fostering social connection and member achievement through member gatherings, member recognition, and interacting with the local community.
- Washington DC-Baltimore Chapter Citation: For promoting quality workshops, publishing newsletters regularly throughout the year, and collaborating with other STC communities.
Gold Community Award
- Ohio Chapter Citation: For creating a stronger technical communication community through collaboration and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion ( DEI).
Bronze Community Award
- Rochester Chapter Citation: For supporting the development of technical communication through extensive educational programming.
- South Central Texas Chapter Citation: For strong leadership, programs and promotions that support the technical communication profession year after year.
- Technical Editing SIG Citation: For a busy and productive year of value-adding programs such as the EdEx 22 virtual mini- conference and other programs, along with the trusted and popular Corrigo newsletter, which provides both SIG members and the technical communication community with informative, educational, and engaging content.
For more information about STC awards, visit Honors, Awards, and Recognitions on the STC website.
The STC Board thanks the Community Achievement and Pacesetter Awards Committee – Angie Dianetti, Ruth-Anne Klassen, Sam Lee, Susie McGowan, Tavia Record, Viqui Dill (chair), and Lori Meyer, Board liaison – for their work this year.