The Society for Technical Communication advances the theory and practice of technical communication across all user abilities and all media. STC's 6,000 members produce everything from traditional user manuals to the latest Web-based interactive tutorials, all with the goal of conveying complex information in a way people can receive, understand, and use.
About Your Friendly Neighborhood BloggerThis blog is managed by the Communications Manager for STC. STC is constantly working to grow this blog into a valuable and entertaining publication for STC members and the technical communication field as a whole. Please email STC with any ideas, questions, or comments you might have.
About the RulesWe want to host a constructive, civil discussion where people can discuss topics freely in an atmosphere of mutual respect. With that in mind, we request that you follow the below rules:
- Refrain from personal attacks and insults; focus your response on the argument, not the individual.
- Do not post any messages or materials that are illegal, libelous, or defamatory.
- Within reason, stick to the topic of the thread; please do not hijack or derail the conversation.
- Do not post commercial or promotional material.
- Encouraging or threatening violence against anyone will not be tolerated.
- If you don't agree with these rules, don’t participate.