STC’s Rochester Chapter holds the fantastic Spectrum conference every year. The conference will be held 25-27 March 2018, with a theme of Hack Into Your Flow, and the call for proposals is now open. Proposals must be submitted by 8 December. For more information, visit http://stc-rochester.org/spectrum/. We’ll let the chapter take it from here:
Submit your proposal by 8 December to be considered as a presenter for STC-Rochester’s regional conference, Spectrum 2018: Hack Into Your Flow, at Rochester Institute of Technology March 25-27.
Author and technical communication consultant, Judith L. Glick-Smith, Ph.D., will deliver this year’s keynote speech and share her insights on flow-based decision making and leadership. When you get in the flow (or “the zone”), you lose your sense of time, increase productivity, and achieve better outcomes. Work even becomes fun!
In technical communication, hacking into a flow state can be essential as individuals and teams work to generate innovative, emergent, and complex communication on tight deadlines. What gets you and your team in the zone? Presenters are invited to answer this question and others:
- What techniques can help us generate innovative and complex communication more efficiently?
- What applications best manage our content and keep us focused?
- What emerging tools or methods can help tech comm pros be more effective?
- How can we improve our soft skills?
- What do we need to know now that will help us advance our careers?
- What’s the secret to leading fulfilling professional lives?
- Presentation (45 minutes with 15 minutes for questions)
- Workshop (Tuesday, March 26 only; 1/2 or full day)
- Progression (15 minute x 3)
- Lightning Talk (5 minute)
Note: You do not need to be an STC member to submit a proposal. First-time and returning presenters are welcome! (Presenters are eligible for a discounted conference registration.)
The Call for Proposals is scheduled to close on 8 December, 2017. Submit your proposal today!