Date: Saturday,27 January, 2018
Time: 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Place: Norris Community Center, 20 Chestnut Drive, Norris, TN 37828; 865.494.7645
– The workshop is open to anyone who writes and edits and wants a concentrated experience in improving style.
– Facilitators will present short workshops, which cover principles from two standards: (a) Plain Language, mandated by government entities and (b) Simplified Technical English (STE), mandated by aeronautical industries and defense.
– Each facilitator will present a principle from a standard, show examples, and invite participation in completing and discussing exercises. Participants can ask questions, describe their style preferences, and compare editorial approaches.
– Participants will rotate through all workshop sessions.
– A workbook with all the workshop materials
– A description of style guides and principles used by other participants (as requested in the registration form)
– A certificate of workshop completion
– Continental breakfast
– Break with “heavy” snacks
– Invitation to convene socially after the workshop