Home Forums Roundtable Monthly Topics Future of Techcomm Future of TechComm: Conversational Content

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Crafting content for machines to process and read aloud (conversational content) is becoming more commonplace.  What role should technical communicators play in the development of conversational content?

Kirsty Taylor
    Participant

In my current domain, one different area we would need to be involved in is training bots/machines to pronounce our terminology appropriately. I’m working in mining software, and like any industry, there’s a lot of industry-specific terminology (through to jargon). These aren’t regular terms, and pronouncing them incorrectly could cause confusion.

In more general terms, I can see us helping to create conversation paths, different kinds of questions and responses that a user might make, using our awareness of our audience to create more variations that our colleagues might not consider.

Ben Woelk
    Participant

I’m curious about how many of us are starting the see the impact of this new rather disruptive technology today or are expecting it soon. I’m in Higher Education, so I’m sure we’ll see work done around it, although I’m not sure how much we’ll be able to adopt in our office. Even on a university campus, there are disconnects around rapidly advancing technology and what we actually use in our day jobs.
    Ben

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.