The Florida Chapter (formerly the Orlando Central Florida Chapter) was formed in 1977 and is dedicated to serving the needs of technical communicators in Central Florida and beyond. It accomplishes this by providing its members with:
- An outlet for networking, fellowship, and sharing of information among like-minded technical communicators.
- Recognition as a member of an active, community-minded professional association.
- Information regarding technical communication employment opportunities in the central Florida area.
- Professional leadership opportunities.
In addition, the chapter also provides:
- Funding for Melissa Pellegrin Memorial Scholarships awarded to technical communication students at the University of Central Florida.
- Mentorship to less experienced technical communicators.
- Funding and hosting of the annual High School Writing Competition awards.
Name: Debra Johnson