Does the content we make, make a difference? We all face that question, in one form or another, sooner or later. The good news is we can answer that question faster, easier, and with more confidence now than ever before. The catch? Measuring content requires time and effort up front to set up a system—a system called content intelligence. This curated series will help you start and use such a system to measure your content’s impact to inform content decisions and to show its value.
The Elements of Content Intelligence: Set Up a System to Measure Content + More
If you want content intelligence to be more than a nice idea, this set of resources is for you.
- The whitepaper introduces a three-step process for establishing a system of content intelligence.
- The course offers more detail, a variety of examples, and the opportunity to work through activities.
STC Roundtable Course- Moodle Instructions
To access the course content, you will need to create a Moodle account, STC’s course management site.
- Go to http://edu.stc.org. At the top right-hand side, click the Login button, and create a new account under “Is this your first time here?” (If you’ve already created an account on Moodle, just log in as normal).
- Fill in the form, then “Create my new account.” Moodle will send a confirmation email (from firstname.lastname@example.org) to the email address you provided (it may be sent to your spam folder).
*If you do not receive this notification, please email email@example.com.
- Confirm your account through the verification email and you will be returned to the Moodle site.
- Click “Courses.”
- Select your course STC August Roundtable: Planning Content Intelligence Course (short ID: STC August Roundtable Course)
- Click “Enroll Me” to complete. You are now enrolled in the course.
Measuring Content Effectiveness
Does your content work? It’s a critical question that sounds simple. But answering it is as complex as it is critical. This webinar will make answering it easier by offering a framework for measuring content effectiveness, introducing a content KPI matrix, and sharing tips supported by research or examples.
Join Colleen in this live webinar on Tuesday, 13 August from 2:00 – 3:00pm EDT (GMT -4).
Panel Discussion: To Content Measurement, Intelligence, + Beyond
It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. For content measurement, that is! If you have experienced highs and lows in measuring content, you’re not alone. This panel discussion will reveal the challenges, opportunities, and successes different content leaders from The Home Depot, Wolters Kluwer Health, and Expedia have experienced as they take measuring content from a nice idea to reality. We’ll discuss issues such as
- Being data rich and content insight poor
- Making the case for measuring content
- How measuring content makes a difference to governance
- Methods and tools for measuring content and assembling content intelligence
Hosted by Colleen Jones, the session will offer moderated discussion interspersed with brief panelist presentations. And, of course, your questions will be welcome.
Introduction to ContentWRX
Learn how ContentWRX works to make understanding your content’s effectiveness achievable and scalable. We’ll walk through:
- What a ContentWRX evaluation is and how to set one up
- Understanding the ContentWRX evaluation score
- Analyzing results in the ContentWRX dashboard
- Using advanced ContentWRX features
- What Is Content Intelligence?
- How to Benchmark Your Content Effectiveness Using ContentWRX
- The Content Advantage: The Science of Succeeding at Digital Business through Effective Content
Content Measurement + Intelligence
Roundtable Monthly Topics
A content expert and Star Wars fan, Colleen Jones is the author of The Content Advantage and founder of Content Science, a content strategy and intelligence firm where she has advised or trained hundreds of the world's leading organizations to become Jedi Masters of digital content. She also is the former head of content at Mailchimp, the small business marketing platform recognized by Inc. as 2017 Company of the Year.
Colleen has earned recognition as one of the Top 50 Most Influential Women in Content Marketing by a TopRank study, a Content Change Agent by Society of Technical Communication's Intercom Magazine, and one of the Top 50 Most Influential Content Strategists by multiple organizations. Colleen is a member of Mensa and an active supporter of women in technology. Colleen speaks at conferences and corporate events around the world, from San Francisco to Sydney.
STC's Roundtable Discussions
Join our community for the top technical communication content.
Roundtable Monthly Topics
Did this month’s theme spark questions? Are you interested in learning more? This is the forum to ask questions and discuss your experiences, challenges, and insights related to the monthly topic.
General Tech Comm Queries
Do you have questions about technical communication? Use this forum to connect with other Roundtable members or curators to ask and answer your questions.
General Roundtable Queries
Do you have questions about Roundtable, or are you experiencing technical challenges? Use this forum to ask and get answer to questions.