By Nicky Bleiel | STC-WTC SIG Manager STC has a new Special Interest Group (SIG) this year, Women in Tech Comm. All 2018 STC members are invited to join this new community. Why do we need a Women in Tech Comm SIG? The SIG’s purpose is to provide a place where women in the profession (or interested in the profession) can:
- Identify and share mentorship and business opportunities;
- Advocate for the professional development of women at all stages of their careers;
- Discuss current events pertaining to women in technology and technical communication;
- Support career advancement and leadership roles for women in tech comm; and
- Share STC volunteer opportunities.
- An email discussion list and website.
- A monthly virtual meeting via GoToMeeting. Meetings will alternate between formal presentations by speakers with less formal meetings that are discussions around specific topics/current events.
- Contributions to the STC Notebook blog, Intercom magazine, and the TC Body of Knowledge.