Mission and Vision
STC is an individual membership organization dedicated to advancing the arts and sciences of technical communication. It is the largest organization of its type in the world.
The Society for Technical Communication advances technical communication as the discipline of transforming complex information into usable content for products, processes, and services.
STC serves its members by identifying and promoting best practices in the field and by demonstrating the economic value delivered by technical communicators. By providing lifelong learning opportunities, we help our members develop their skills and competencies so that they may advance in a variety of career paths.
To achieve this mission, we focus our efforts in these areas:
- Offering continuing education that enhances the competencies and skills of our members and enables lifelong learning
- Fostering the means and opportunity for technical communication professionals to succeed in today’s workforce and to grow into related career fields
- Defining and publicizing the economic contribution of technical communication practices to businesses and governments
- Promoting the concept that technical communication training develops foundational skills and fosters in practitioners habits of analysis, discernment, and problem-solving that underpins their ability to successfully perform in many fields
- Managing the operations of the Society in a sound and sustainable manner, investing strategically to enhance our ability to deliver member value
The Society for Technical Communication strives to be the international authority in content design and delivery, advancing the professional development of our members and articulating the value of technical communication within industry and academia.