Career Planning in a Post-Pandemic World
3 – 4 October 2022
Join STC for a two-day Online Seminar focused on Career Planning in a Post-Pandemic World!
COVID-19 has disrupted where we work, how we work, and sometimes even why we work. The impact of the pandemic was sudden, causing many to lose their jobs and shifting others to work from home to minimize contact with others. From the Great Resignation to a very competitive candidate market to extensive layoffs, we’ve seen massive swings in what’s happening in employment in the last couple of years.
These sizeable shifts have provided many opportunities for technical communicators. Clear and relevant communication is more essential than ever, providing valuable information about health care, improving interactions across an increasingly remote workforce, and building trust with your audience. How do you stay relevant and adapt your goals to this new world?
Attend two days of online seminars 3-4 October 2022 to learn more about planning your tech comm career in a new professional construct.
Call for Proposals NOW OPEN!
STC is soliciting topics aligned with this theme such as the following:
- Technical communication in a pandemic-related field
- Building trustworthy content with a skeptical audience
- Switching from a permanent role to contractor and vice versa
- Increasing digitalization of content
- New soft skills needed by technical communicators
- Personal branding
- Career shift case studies during the pandemic
- Work-life integration
- Remote work tips and tricks
- Changes to job search approaches during the pandemic
- Changes to interview approaches in a candidate’s market
Sessions will be 45 minutes. Plan for 35 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes of Q&A.
Please submit a Word document to email@example.com with the following:
- Session Title (max 12 words)
- Abstract (max 1100 characters) – Brief description of your session that includes the concepts you will address and/or the problem your session helps solve
- Key Takeaways (max 500 characters) – Bulleted list of 3 top takeaways from your session
- Your Name
- Your Email Address
- Your Employer
- Your Professional Bio (max 1100 characters)
- Previous Speaking Experience