New England Chapter STC
The New England chapter of the STC is based in the Boston area, but serves greater New England, including Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. It is one of the largest chapters in the STC. In 2011, the New England chapter was created when the Boston chapter and Northern New England chapter merged to form the New England chapter.
The New England chapter offers professional development, education, networking, and leadership opportunities to technical communicators by providing:
- Monthly chapter meetings with speakers on a wide range of topics related to technical communication
- Workshops that delve deeper into topics, such as writing for APIs and SDKs
- Webinars for our remote members
- Monthly social hours for networking
- Annual Technical Communication Competitions
- InterChange regional conference for technical communicators
- Job bank for local members
- Leadership opportunities for Council members and volunteers
Our goal is to provide our members with professional resources that they cannot find anywhere else, including professional development, education on new technology and tools, and networking with other professionals in our area.
Name: Emily Alfson