It has been one year since the launch of the new STC.org ( http://notebook.stc.org/introducing-the-new-stc-website/ )... what do you think?
- We use the MySTC events calendar extensively (although there are a number of outstanding issues http://getsatisfaction.com/sfortc/searches?query=calendar that make it difficult to transition completely)
- The TE SIG uses the MySTC chatrooms for our watercooler chats ( http://www.stc-techedit.org/chat)
- We syndicate content from MySTC to our website (for example: http://www.singlesourcingsig.org/MySTC+Network)
I'm curious to hear how other communities are using (or plan to use) MySTC.
I'd also like to learn how STC.org is using (or will use) the MySTC network. Some ideas that have been submitted in the past:
- Instead of manually listing community events each month ( http://notebook.stc.org/community-events/), use the MySTC calendar.
- Put *ALL* STC events on the calendar (instead of having them all over the place: http://stc.org/education/online-education/live-seminars and http://stc.org/education/online-education/certificate-courses etc )
- Appoint someone as community manager
- Migrate the individual mailing lists to Group discussions
I think the adoption has been far slower than we had all hoped. I think there are a number of factors: real and perceived issues with the functionality, introduction of a new (aka additional) place for discussions/networking, and the increased use of the LinkedIn group or web conferencing for discussions.
I think another barrier is that very few groups are "paving the way" by trying to use MySTC as a tool. (This could be the group to do that.)