Community Pacesetter Award
STC’s Community Pacesetter Award recognizes innovative and successful community initiatives.
Unlike STC’s other Community Achievement awards, which recognize communities for consistent strength in many varied activities, the Pacesetter Award recognizes the successful implementation of a single beneficial innovation that may be implemented by other STC communities.
The Community Pacesetter Awards are presented at STC Summit the year after the award was earned. The award reflects the year the award is presented, e.g. the 2019 award is for work completed in 2018.
Applications are due: 31 January 2020. The application is available online here.
2018 Calendar Year Honorees
- Carolina: For bringing your community together to model best business practices for your website redevelopment project.
- Central New York: For finding a solution to an ages-old problem of identifying technical communicators in your area and using the resource to increase your community’s membership.
- Florida: For proactively thinking of the future of your community, creating a training program to carry your community forward, and sharing the program with all of STC.
- India: For supporting a diverse community and the environment, bringing together outside organizations with the STC India chapter to welcome new members.
- Rochester: For use of technology to cross long distance barriers, in a time when STC communities are covering larger geographical areas.
- Southeastern Michigan: For a well-developed plan and the follow-through action on virtual workshops, presented in a way that allows other communities to develop similar programs as well.
- Texas Tech U. Student: For your engaging STC Spring Showcase initiative; and for uniting and supporting the profession, the Society, the chapter, and the students. Imaginative and well organized, the program adds audience participation to encourage engagement and generate excitement.
See the list of previous Pacesetter honorees here.