STC ANNUAL FUND
As we celebrate the Society for Technical Communication’s many recent and past accomplishments, we remember the tireless dedication of those technical communicators who proclaimed, just 65 years ago, the virtue of the art and science of technical communication. Join us as we renew our commitment to fulfill their promise and make their dream for a vibrant and meaningful STC a reality, a society prepared to lead the profession for another 65 years.
By making a donation to the Society for Technical Communication, you support STC’s mission to advance the arts and sciences of technical communication. By making a donation today, you could be helping a friend or a future colleague tomorrow. One hundred percent of your donation will go directly toward STC’s mission to serve its members by identifying and promoting best practices in the field and by demonstrating the economic value delivered by technical communicators. By providing lifelong learning opportunities, STC helps its members develop their skills and competencies so that they may advance in a variety of career paths.
STC Annual Fund Giving Options
Support the current top priorities of the Society. Your unrestricted gift will support the accomplishment of STC’s important mission:
The Society for Technical Communication advances technical communication as the discipline of transforming complex information into usable content for products, processes, and services.
STC serves its members by identifying and promoting best practices in the field and by demonstrating the economic value delivered by technical communicators. By providing lifelong learning opportunities, we help our members develop their skills and competencies so that they may advance in a variety of career paths.
To achieve this mission, we focus our efforts in the following areas:
- Offering continuing education that enhances the competencies and skills of our members and enables lifelong learning
- Fostering the means and opportunity for technical communication professionals to succeed in today’s workforce and to grow into related career fields
- Defining and publicizing the economic contribution of technical communication practices to businesses and governments
- Promoting the concept that technical communication training develops foundational skills and fosters in practitioners habits of analysis, discernment, and problem-solving that underpins their ability to successfully perform in many fields
- Managing the operations of the Society in a sound and sustainable manner, investing strategically to enhance our ability to deliver member value
Individual Giving: Legacy Circle
For those who wish to give at any of these levels:
- Leader—$1,000 or more
- Steward—$100-$249 in cash or appreciated stock.
- Supporter—up to $99
- Legacy Donor—naming STC as a beneficiary in your Will or Trust, your life insurance policy, or your tax-deferred retirement account. For more information about naming STC as a beneficiary, please contact STC’s Chief Executive Officer at email@example.com.
Individual Donations given “in honor of [a past president]” will include Presidents’ Fund next to your name in the Donor Honor Roll listings.
At the end of each fiscal year, an updated list of donors will be published online, and Annual Fund donors will be recognized at the Technical Communication Summit & Expo’s Honors Reception and in Intercom magazine.
For those groups or organizations who wish to support STC at benefactor levels.
- Platinum Benefactor — $10,000 or more
- Gold Benefactor — $5,000-$9,999
- Silver Benefactor — $1,000-$4,999
Benefactor Circle donations given “in honor of [a past president]” will include Presidents’ Fund next to your name or corporate name in the Donor Honor Roll listings.
Benefactors receive visibility and recognition for their donations. At the end of each fiscal year, an updated list of donors will be published online, and Benefactors will be recognized at the Technical Communication Summit & Expo’s Honors Reception and in Intercom magazine. (Benefactors are not to be confused with STC’s Corporate Value Program (CVP), Industry Partner membership, Sustaining memberships, or other sponsorships.)
Student Scholarship Fund
Ensure the success of our next generation by supporting students who are pursuing an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree or graduate certificate program in some aspect of technical communication. To learn more about STC Student scholarships, visit https://www.stc.org/scholarship/.
All funding received for the STC scholarship program goes to a restricted fund usable only for the scholarship program. All donations are tax deductible.
Scholarship Fund Giving Tiers:
All donations to the Scholarship Fund are welcomed and appreciated. Donors who contribute at a tier level will receive special recognition for their generosity in supporting this campaign.
- Founder — $1,000 or more
- Partner — $500-$999
- Underwriter — $250-$499
- Patron — $100-$249
- Supporter — up to $99
At the end of each fiscal year, an updated list of donors will be published online, and Scholarship Fund donors will be recognized at the Technical Communication Summit & Expo’s Honors Reception and in Intercom magazine.
How to donate:
To donate to the STC Annual Fund, you may do so with your 2019 STC membership application or by completing the online form below. If you wish to donate to both nonrestricted and restricted funds using this page, please complete the type of fund field.
If you would like to donate by check, make your checks payable to the Society for Technical Communication, and mail your payment with a letter or a notation on the check stating to which fund your donation should be applied.
Society for Technical Communication, 9401 Lee Highway, Suite 300, Fairfax, VA 22031
Please email STC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (703) 522-4114 with any questions you may have about giving.