STC offers multiple online courses where participants can earn a certificate of successful completion. These courses let you explore a subject in depth over the course of several weeks. In addition to the practical work skills that you will develop, participating in a certificate program provides you with a unique, live opportunity to learn directly from an instructor and to also exchange ideas and tools virtually with the other participants in the program.
STC Online Courses provide six (6) CEUs toward CPTC currency. CEUs apply only to those who are certified and cannot be counted retroactively.
- Participants must log on for the live sessions, and plan to complete at least 1-3 hours per week of required homework assignments to earn the certificate. You should plan to attend and participate in the majority of the live sessions at the designated times. If you are at all unclear about a course’s requirements, email us and we will get you in touch with the instructor so there is no confusion! We want you to completely understand course expectations so there are no surprises.
- All STC online courses are in Eastern Standard Time (EST) and Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) after Daylight Savings. Check your timezone here.
- To participate in an online course, you must be able to access GoTo Meeting, STC’s online meeting space. GoTo Meeting is a standard web seminar tool (no separate download required) and all you need is a reliable Internet connection and phone line, or a computer with VoIP capabilities. In addition, some courses require the use of Moodle, STC’s course management site. If you cannot access GoTo Meeting and/or Moodle (as needed), then you will not be able to successfully complete an online course.
- Note: Cost is transferable to another online course but is not refundable.
Past Courses Offered (2018 – 2019):
- TechComm Fundamentals Bootcamp
- Technical Editing Foundations
- Beyond the Content-Advanced TechComm
- Advanced Technical Editing
- Basics of Technical Writing in Industry
- Designing Powerful & Compelling InfoGraphics
- Usability 101: What Every Organization Needs to Know (Asynchronous)
- Technical Communication Manager
- Creating Information 4.0: How to Design What Nobody Knows Yet
- International and Cultural Content Design (Asynchronous)
- Science for All: Introduction to Science Writing (Asynchronous)
- Instructional Design for Technical Communicators
- Fundamentals of Healthcare Writing (Asynchronous)
- Content Strategy: Developing an Effective Workflow
- Make Change Happen: How to Build a Business Case
We want to hear from you! We are always looking to provide courses that are in demand or offer new courses that will fit different educational needs.